20 Tweetable Quotes about Innovative Workspaces
Looking for some quotable quotes on work, workplace innovation and work ethics to spice up your Twitter feed? Here are some excellent quotes, some from famous and notable people; others from less notable but not necessarily any less wise men and women. Here are a few great quotes, all of which will fit nicely in a single, pointed Tweet, but you can use them on all your social media platforms.
These quotes are fun to share on social media, or just to read to yourself for inspiration during a difficult work day.
1. "Your career success in the workplace of today - independent of technical expertise - depends on the quality of your people skills." ― Max Messmer Jr., Managing Your Career for Dummies
2. "Life is about making an impact, not making an income." - Kevin Kruse
3. "Every single job is a challenge. You are walking into a new set, a new character, creating a world and trying to get comfortable to do your best work." - Felicia Day
4. "The best work is not what is most difficult for you; it is what you do best." - Jean-Paul Sartre
5. "When I am wrong, I will learn the lesson and move on to face other challenges. For me, that's what creating your own life is. Doing your best work while being your best self." - Jennifer Lopez
6. "A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it." - Alistair Cooke
7. "Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all." - Sam Ewing
8. "Sometimes you need those bad days, because it helps you appreciate the good ones." - Ahemd Youssef
9. "Political skills are essential career competencies to get ahead and stay ahead."
― Bonnie Marcus, The Politics of Promotion: How High-Achieving Women Get Ahead and Stay Ahead
10. "Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world." - Sergey Brin, Google co-founder
11. "Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations." - Steve Jobs
12. "Instead of trying to find a path to follow, today's most successful professionals seek to acquire the right skills to set themselves up for advancement."
― Terri Tierney Clark, Learn, Work, Lead- Things Your Mentor Won't Tell You
13. "Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower." - Steve Jobs
15. "Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work." - Vince Lombardi
16. "I’m convinced that about half of what separates successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance." - Steve Jobs
17. "Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Confucius
18. "When you feel good about the value you offer the organization, communicating and demonstrating your value to others is much easier." ― Bonnie Marcus, The Politics of Promotion: How High-Achieving Women Get Ahead and Stay Ahead
19. "The best preparation for good work tomorrow is to do good work today." - Elbert Hubbard
20. "Nothing will work unless you do." - Maya Angelou
Sharing inspirational quotes with coworkers can build them up when the workday is tearing them down. Select quotes that uplift, inspire, and encourage others in times of difficulty.
While the following quote is too long to use at Twitter, it is certainly one worth mentioning:
"The job is what you do when you are told what to do. The job is showing up at the factory, following instructions, meeting spec, and being managed.
Someone can always do your job a little better or faster or cheaper than you can.
The job might be difficult, it might require skill, but it's a job.
Your art is what you do when no one can tell you exactly how to do it. Your art is the act of taking personal responsibility, challenging the status quo, and changing people.
I call the process of doing your art 'the work.' It's possible to have a job and do the work, too. In fact, that's how you become a linchpin.
The job is not the work."
― Seth Godin, Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?
Do these quotes inspire you to work harder, smarter, and faster?