As you probably know, we are publishing a book that will be available the first week of May called Wide Open Workspaces: Trailblazing Solutions for Tomorrows Workforce. The primary purpose is to encourage those that manage the workspace today to be great facility managers in their organizations by embracing the dramatic changes in the world of work and implementing solutions that will significantly impact their changes.
5 Ideas to Inspire Great Facility Managers
Below are the top 5 ideas and quotes from George Bradt's article, "Top 100 Ideas And Quotes For First-Time Leaders".
- Leading is about inspiring and enabling others to do their absolute best together to realize a meaningful and rewarding shared purpose.
- Business leaders must explicitly define their organization's purpose... it shapes every other aspect of "BRAVE Leadership."... behaviors, relationships, attitudes and the work environment. The purpose, "why" we do what we do, creates a meaningful place to work. The values are also important in creating an intentional culture because they are "how" we do the "what," whether it is pizza or widgets or accounting." - Nick Sarillo
- Leading is different than managing. Where managing is about organizing, coordinating and telling, leading is about inspiring and enabling and co-creating.
- Taking over as a leader for the first time is a critical, career-defining moment. Getting this transition right accelerates your career trajectory. Avoiding mistakes at this juncture requires preparation, commitment, and follow-through.
- Focus on the cause. People follow charismatic leaders for a time. But they devote themselves over time to the cause of a BRAVE leader who inspires and enables them in the pursuit of that cause.