After reading the iOFFICE blog and numerous positive customer reviews, the facility manager identified iOFFICE as the top choice. She appreciated the intuitive interface and the user-friendliness of the platform.
The engineering company decided to move forward with iOFFICE’s Space Management, Move Management, Service Request and Asset Management modules.
IMPLEMENTATION - U.S.
- With the Space Management and Move Management modules, the facility manager and her team visualize floor plans online, make moves in minutes and plan for future requests.
- The Asset Management module stores all the information on the office’s assets in one place, including gym equipment, printers and more.
- The Service Request module helps accelerate the processing of work orders and ensures each workspace is well-maintained.
- iOFFICE’s mobile app notifications keep the team updated in real time when issues arise. Employees also can submit requests via the mobile app to further streamline the process.
IMPLEMENTATION - Europe
The best example of implementation of iOFFICE comes from one of the engineering company’s offices in Europe. This location has two buildings:
- 90,225 square feet of workspace (nine office floors and one utility floor), supporting almost 1,500 employees
- 300-space parking garage
Before using iOFFICE, the office lacked accurate data since the FM team relied heavily on email to correspond between HR and IT to set up and move employees around the space. This led to a high rate of inefficient moves from space to space, and from office to project sites.
The European location also had a large number of clients with diverse needs, and communications challenges led to bottlenecks in its onboarding and offboarding processes. Using its previous provider, Planon, this office had to rely on inaccurate utilization data, which made reporting and planning difficult.
When the European office selected iOFFICE in April 2015, they decided the best way to effectively implement the solution was to assign one dedicated person to manage it. After designating an iOFFICE specialist, this location selected the Space Management, Move Management, Service Request, Visitor Management and Asset Management modules.
- Within the first week of using iOFFICE, a customized form in the Move Management module was created to manage new hires and employee terminations. The specialist collaborated with HR to create a process that automatically correlates employee data—including name, title, department and employee number—with the week of their hire or termination. HR then passes the service ticket to the IT department to add new fields such as email addresses, phone numbers and computer asset numbers. Previously, the specialist had to find this information by digging through dozens, if not hundreds of emails. Now all that is required by the FM team is to make employee badges.
- The mobile component of iOFFICE has been crucial to the team. The facilities team shares inbound requests and photos via the app on their smartphones to fulfill new requests without having to return to the FM office, which has been a huge timesaver.
- The company accesses pre-established utilization reports [X sq feet/X employees = $ cost per sq. foot.] This planning helps the FM team “measure” a building, according to the standards in each country.