There are two things we can all agree on: 1) We’d all like to go back in time and buy more Apple stock and 2) the employee experience is important to a company’s success.
Of course, there are many factors that contributed to Apple becoming the world’s first company to reach a trillion-dollar valuation this week. It’s known for being a challenging work environment. But the company also offers plenty of perks to its employees and gets rave reviews from many of them.
Still, we’ve sometimes wondered whether enhancing the employee experience was truly a priority for most organizations at this moment in time or more of a buzzword.
Are organizations really doing something about it, or just giving lip service to the idea?
Now we know.
What Companies Really Think About the Employee Experience
In our most recent customer survey, 65 percent of respondents said enhancing the employee experience is a top priority. Another 32 percent said it was important to them.
Only 3 percent said the employee experience was not a priority at this time.
A total of 76 customers responded to the survey, conducted in partnership with TechValidate.
Enhancing The Employee Experience: Actionable Steps
Our customers are taking a number of steps to enhance the employee experience. And what they told us is encouraging. For instance:
- 57% have a way to measure the employee experience, such as employee engagement surveys
- 53% plan to update their workplace design
- 45% are adopting flexible work hours and/or the ability to work remotely
- 33% are implementing mobile workplace technology that allows employees to find people, reserve space, request services and receive mail or visitors
- 32% have a defined strategy to enhance employee experience
iOFFICE Enhances the Employee Experience
More than half our customers (53%) said using our integrated workplace management system (IWMS) enhances the employee experience. Our newest workplace technology, iOFFICE Hummingbird, bridges the gap between the workplace and workplace leaders.
Hummingbird features a mobile employee experience app that allow employees to do what they need to do to be productive. It also gives workplace leaders valuable information about how people are using the workplace so they can make smarter decisions (like sending a maintenance crew on an as-needed basis when a particular space has been used.)
Customers also spoke highly about other aspects of our software. For instance:
- 85% said it’s easy to use
- 72% said it allows them to create reports that provide valuable insights
- 62% said its real-time data accuracy helps them make more informed decisions
- 56% said it’s improved workplace productivity
- 43% said it’s improved visibility into their processes
- 25% said it’s helped them identify and/or eliminate underperforming spaces
All this is great news for companies that are serious about attracting and retaining top talent. It’s also fantastic news for employees!