10 Wins Every Facility Manager Needs To Celebrate
As a facility manager, using a facility maintenance tool will often feels like you’re taking one step forward and three steps back.
You just got the HVAC system fixed, only to discover the roof is leaking.
You thought you had finally figured out a good system for sharing workstations, and then you learn your company just hired 15 temporary employees who start next week.
There are plenty of frustrations, and it’s easy to get discouraged. When you’re having one of those days (or weeks, or months), stop for a moment and look at everything you’ve managed to accomplish. The work you do impacts every employee at your organization, as well as your company’s bottom line.
Here are 10 facility management wins worth celebrating.
1. When two deskmates who have been fighting over their shared workspace finally start getting along.
Save that referee uniform for your daughter’s soccer game.
2. When your employees use the facility maintenance app for service requests instead of leaving you a stack of Post-Its.
Even the inventor of Post-Its would be proud.
3. When you look up and realize you’ve finished all your service requests ahead of schedule—and it’s only 3 p.m.
Boom…there goes the dynamite.
4. When employees rave about the baked potato bar in the cafeteria—and you smile knowing you made that happen.
They like you. They really like you!
5. When you discover the new LED bulbs will save your company thousands of dollars a year.
Make it rain!
6. When your budget presentation blows everyone away.
Today’s forecast calls for heavy winds…
7. When you ace your CFM exam and get to put three extra letters on your business card.
Be jealous, Sir Elton John.
8. When the CEO finally gets your job title right.
(Yes, we all know you wear a lot of hats.)
9. When you successfully make it through the disaster response drill with all employees accounted for.