New To Visitor Management Software? Here’s What You Need to Know
Implementing visitor management software is an important step to securing your building, protecting your employees and making every guest feel welcome.
Now that you’ve decided to introduce iOFFICE’s visitor management system to your workplace, you might have a few questions. That’s OK—we have answers! Here’s what you need to know.
7 Things To Know About Our Visitor Management Software
How to Set Up A Visitor Management Display
To use our visitor management software, you’ll need an iPad with the latest version of iOS software. You can optimize the user experience and maximize the battery life of your table with these quick tips:
- In the Display and Brightness menu of your settings, set the Auto-Lock option to Never. This will prevent the display from locking out your visitors.
- If you are using iCloud, disable the iCloud Drive, Photos, Mail, Reminders, Safari, Backup and Find My iPad, Messages and FaceTime. This will reduce the potential for unwanted notifications while visitors check in.
- In the Wi-Fi submenu, disable the Ask to Join Networks option once your iPad is set up on your Wi-Fi network. This will conserve your battery.
Not using our visitor management software yet? Request a free demo.
How To Check In New Visitors
Signing in new visitors using our visitor management software is simple! You can sign visitors in or have them sign themselves in following these steps:
- Pull up our visitor management module on your iPad and tap “check in” on the home screen.
- Tap the New Visitor button. You can then select your visitor type from several options, including employee, guest or vendor.
- Ask your visitor to fill out the required information—including first and last name, phone number and company—and tap the arrow to proceed to the next screen.
- Enter your name or the name of the person your visitor is coming to see in the search bar. This will activate the front-facing camera.
- Adjust the camera and take a picture of your visitor (or have them take a picture) for their visitor badge.
- Have your visitor read the agreement you have set up and sign their name in the signature box.
If a visitor has been pre-registered and received an email confirmation with a QR code, they can also check themselves in simply by scanning the code to save time, improving the overall visitor experience.
How To Notify Employees Of A Visitor’s Arrival
Make sure you have enabled the Floor Viewer option, which will quickly ping the location of your host on the floor plan to help visitors find them. If visitor badges are being used at your facility, the visitor badge will print at the corresponding bluetooth printer.
iOFFICE’s visitor management software integrates with email providers and notification platforms like Slack, so the host will automatically receive an alert when their visitor has arrived. You’ll just need to make sure all your employees have been added to the visitor management system ahead of time so visitors can select them as a host.
How To Check Out Visitors
Visitors can check themselves out simply by tapping the “Check Out” button on the home screen and entering the phone number or email address they used when checking in. They should see a message display to confirm they have checked out.
How To Check In Returning Visitors
Our visitor management software is designed to speed up check-in for everyone, including regular visitors. If your visitor has checked in before, they can tap the Returning Visitor button and enter the phone number or email address they used to check in previously. This will locate their record. They can also skip the requirement to have their photo taken if you have activated the Bypass Picture toggle on your Settings screen.
Pre-registering Multiple Visitors
When you have a large number of visitors, such as when a group is visiting your building, you can now add all the visitors at once and designate the date and time of the visit to save time. To pre-register multiple visitors:
- Access the Upload Visitors screen by selecting Visitor → Upload Visitors. Click the Download Template button to download the pre-registration template.
- Using the Download Template, enter the visitor information manually or copy it from an existing list.
- Upload visitors by dragging and dropping your saved .csv file to the Upload Visitors screen.
- Confirm visitor entries. Visitor records that meet requirements (including being checked against your security watchlist) will be displayed with a green checkmark. Those that display a red checkmark need to be reviewed.
- Schedule your visit using the date and time fields at the top of the screen.
- Tap the Pre-register button to complete registration.
How To Check Visitors Against Your Security Watchlist
The Visitor WatchList allows you to verify all guests are authorized to visit. You can access this list in the administrator section. From there, you can click the View button of any visitor on the list to see their information and why they are on the list. For instance, they might be a former employee or a former vendor. You can also add a new visitor to the list or delete a visitor from the list. Our visitor management software automatically flags any visitor on the Visitor WatchList who attempts to sign in and cannot be admitted unless someone at your organization approves them to visit.
Benefits Of Using Visitor Management Software
Implementing visitor management system and ensuring all employees use it consistently helps protect your workplace from potential security threats. It also keeps everyone at your organization informed about who is visiting so they can greet them. Every employee deserves to feel safe at work, and every visitor deserves to feel welcome. With visitor management software, you can have the best of both worlds.